|name = AutoWikiBrowser
|caption = Screenshot of AWB
|developer = AutoWikiBrowser project (see below for list)
|operating_system = [[Microsoft Windows]]
|genre = [[Wikipedia]] editor
|license = [[GNU General Public License|GPL]]
|website = [http://sourceforge.net/projects/autowikibrowser sourceforge.net/.../autowikibrowser]
'''விக்கிதானுலவி''' ''(AutoWikiBrowser)'' என்பது அரை தானியக்கம் செய்யப்பட்ட விக்கிப்பீடியா தொகுப்பான் ஆகும். கை்ரோசாஃப்டு விண்டோஸ் 2000/XP மற்றும் புதிய பதிப்புகளில் இது இயங்குகிறது. திரும்பத் திரும்பச் செய்ய வேண்டிய களைப்பூட்டும் வேலைகளை இது எளிதாக்குகிறது.
ஆங்கில விக்கிப்பீடியாவிற்கு இதைப் பயன்படுத்த அனுமதி பெற வேண்டும். தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியாவிற்கு தற்போதைக்கு அனுமதி தேவையில்லை.
It is essentially a browser that automatically opens up a new page when the last is saved. When set to do so, it suggests some changes (typically formatting) that are generally meant to be incidental to the main change.
At present, AutoWikiBrowser can create a list of articles from single or multiple categories, "what links here", the wiki links on an article, a text file, a Google search, a user's watchlist, or a user's contributions.
AWB also comes with a program to scan the database, and a development version of [[விக்கிப்பீடியா:IRCMonitor|IRCMonitor]], a program that monitors the IRC recent changes channel.
The sources are available under the [[GNU General Public License|GPL]] (see [[#Getting the sources|Getting the sources]] below). It is written in [[C Sharp|C#]] using Microsoft Visual C# Express Edition, which is
<span class="plainlinks">[http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualcsharp/download/ downloadable for free]</span>. There is an AWB [[IRC]] channel at <span class="plainlinks">[irc://irc.freenode.net/AutoWikiBrowser irc.freenode.net — #AutoWikiBrowser]</span>.
Examples of AWB-assisted work are noted on the [[/Projects|projects]] page, this page also contains projects that currently need AWB help.
== Rules of use ==
* '''Check ''every'' edit ''before'' you save it. Make sure you understand the text and have NOT changed the meaning.'''
* Don't edit too fast; consider opening a [[விக்கிப்பீடியா:Bots|bot]] account if you are regularly making more than a few edits a minute.
* Don't do anything controversial with it.
* '''Avoid making insignificant or inconsequential edits''' such as ''only'' adding or removing some white space, moving a stub tag, converting some HTML to Unicode, removing underscores from links (unless they are [[விக்கிப்பீடியா:Bad links|bad links]]), or something equally trivial. This is because it wastes resources and clogs up watch lists.
* Abide by all Wikipedia guidelines, policies and common practices.
:''Repeated abuse of these rules could result, without warning, in the software being disabled.''
== Versions ==
== Using this software ==
[[படிமம்:AutoWikiBrowser screenshot 2.png|300px|right|Screenshot]]
=== (1) Register ===
Add your name to the '''[[விக்கிப்பீடியா பேச்சு:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage|requests for registration]]''' if you would like to use the software. For security reasons, only registered users (see the list on the [[/CheckPage#Approved users|check page]]) are able to use AutoWikiBrowser on the en.wikipedia.
Anyone can be registered, but only if an admin approves your registration by placing your name on the check page. As a general rule, only users with more than 500 mainspace edits will be registered. You will probably not be contacted when your registration has been approved, so check the page periodically for your name.
=== (2) Download ===
Download <span class="plainlinks">[http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=158332 AutoWikiBrowser]</span> from [[SourceForge.net|SourceForge]].
If you want to run the latest SVN version, see [[#Getting the sources|here]].
AutoWikiBrowser requires [[Microsoft Windows]] [[Windows 2000|2000]]/[[Windows XP|XP]] or newer ([[Unicode]] doesn't work properly on [[Windows 98]]/[[Windows Me|Me]]). It also requires Version 2 of the [[.NET framework]] (users of Windows 2000 and Windows XP must <span class="plainlinks">[http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en download .NET framework]</span>, it is included in [[Windows Vista]]).
If the software doesn't work, it probably means that you're not registered or that you don't have the correct .NET framework installed.
It is recommended to unzip AWB to a new directory, rather than running, for example, straight from the desktop
=== (3) Get started ===
<!-- I have made a quick screen-cam demo video of the software in action so you can see how it works, it can be downloaded [http://www.velocitymanager.com/Martin/AutoWikiBrowser%20Demo.zip here] (3.2mb zipped [[AVI]] file. You will need the [http://www.techsmith.com/download/tsccdefault.asp TSCC Codec]). -->
# Select "Make from Category" then enter a category name.
# Click "Make list", let the list load up.
# Set any options, such as find and replace, edit summary, etc.
# Click "Start!", it will load up the article, automatically make any changes and then go to the diff.
# Change anything in the article you want in the textbox on the lower right, not the normal website textbox in the browser, then click "Save" or "Ignore", the next page will load up automatically.
== Having problems? ==
* Occasionally it stalls when loading. This might well be because you have navigated to a different window: AWB needs to remain in the foreground while loading up a new page. Just click "start" again to give it a nudge.
* It uses the Internet Explorer core, so if you have problems, make sure your IE is working. Make sure you have logged into Wikipedia using IE. If you have altered any settings regarding scripts, first use Tools > Internet Options > 'Advanced' tab > Click on 'Restore Defaults' and then try AWB again.
** If you have made changes to monobook.css (or whatever your theme is) that require [[Cascading Style Sheets|CSS]] 2 or 3, they may not appear properly in IE and thus in AWB.<!-- Installing the newest IE7 beta may fix this problem.-->
* If you are having problems creating a list from "what links here" try clearing your Internet Explorer cache.
* "The application failed to initialize properly..." -> get .NET 2.0 (linked above).
Refer to the [[விக்கிப்பீடியா பேச்சு:AutoWikiBrowser#Frequently asked questions|FAQ]] for more information, including problems with other software and Wikipedia skins.
== User manual ==
== Database scanner ==
AWB includes a database scanner which can be used to create lists of articles to be checked, without causing extra unnecessary load on the WikiMedia Servers.
Database dumps are created from time to time (more info [[விக்கிப்பீடியா:Database download|here]]) and are available for free download. As the page states, the best/most useful dump is the '''pages-articles.xml.bz2'''. Visiting the [http://download.wikimedia.org/ database dump progress site], allows you to view the status of the current dump, and be able to easily browse to the downloads in it.
Upon downloading, the archives need to be uncompressed, this will turn it from a 3GB [[bzip2|bz2]] archive, into a [[xml]] database dump around 12GB.
== API ==
* AWB ships with WikiFunctions.dll, which can be referenced by other standalone projects. The DLL includes a wiki-ready web browser control, a simple page editor, a listmaker, and other tools and components.
* [[பயனர்:Kingboyk]] has made available [[பயனர்:Kingbotk/Plugin/WikiFunctions2|WikiFunctions2]].dll which currently offers wiki-logging features for bots.
=== Plugins ===
AWB is able to load and use fully customised [[plugins]]. These plugins can process article text and extend the user interface, and are in the form of libraries (.dll files) which can be made in any .NET language such as [[C Sharp|C#]] or [[Visual Basic .NET]]. When AWB loads, it automatically checks to see if there are any plugins in the folder it was executed from. Any plugins found are loaded and initialised without further intervention by the user.
== Tips and tricks ==
* To find and replace a word of upper and lower case, do a [[Regex|regular expression]] find and replace; for example, find: "<tt>\b(T|t)hier\b</tt>" and replace with: "<tt>$1heir</tt>". The "<tt>(T|t)</tt>" matches upper or lower case "t", the "<tt>$1</tt>" references whatever "<tt>(T|t)</tt>" matches. The "<tt>\b</tt>" indicates a word boundary; this prevents words like "clothier" from matching.
* To speed up a task, if you are correcting the above typo, set it to "Skip if doesn't contain" the typo(s) that is being corrected.
* See <span class="plainlinks">[http://www.wellho.net/regex/dotnet.html this website]</span> for a breakdown of .NET regular expression syntax.
* See [[விக்கிப்பீடியா:AutoWikiBrowser/Settings]] for a list of useful settings you can use with AWB.
* A newline is represented by <code>\r\n</code> when doing find and replace.<ref>Note, this is because of the way the Microsoft components work. When using other tools with, for example, [[Firefox]], a newline may be represented by <code>\n</code>.</ref>
* AWB may have keywords that can be used in the textboxes/find-and-replace dialog. Currently, there is <tt>%%title%%</tt>, which represents the title of the current article (e.g. "John Smith"), and <tt>%%key%%</tt>, which will give you the human name category key for the current article (e.g. "Smith, John"). Other keywords can be implemented on request.
== Getting the sources ==
==Notes and references==
== See also ==
== External links ==
* <span class="plainlinks">[http://sourceforge.net/projects/autowikibrowser Project home on Sourceforge]
* [http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/autowikibrowser/ Browsing the sources on Sourceforge]
* [http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az24scfc(VS.80).aspx Regular Expression Language Elements]</span> from the .NET Framework Developer's Guide in the online MSDN documentation of Microsoft.